When authors visit schools, something magical happens. Lifelong memories are formed. Creative careers are celebrated. Stories are understood with depth and lasting impact. Reading and learning become experiential, fostering connection and joy.
As you consider vendors for your academic year school author visits as part of your school improvement plan, please consider Booksweet. Here’s why:
- We have thriving and strong relationships with incredible picture book and middlegrade authors based in SE Michigan, including Supriya Kelkar, Jack Cheng, Kyunghee Kim, Jean Alicia Elster, Ruth Behar, Stacie Sheldon, Caroline Huntoon, Kelly Baptist, and many more.
- The authors we’ve forged relationships with center and celebrate diversity, representation, and social/emotional learning in their work, with a wide range of lived experiences brought to life on the page.
- Many of the authors that we have the honor of collaborating with are offering discounted author visit rates to those who order school visit books through Booksweet.
- We’re eager to explore options with you to fit your curricular needs and your budget.
- We’re committed to working in creative, sensitive, and individualized ways with you and your school community to ensure that no child feels excluded from the fun.
- Many of the authors that we work with have experience leading writing/reading events for adults too, if you’re seeking programming and books for parent outreach offerings.
2023-2024 Academic Year Offerings:
- For all Title 1 schools in Washtenaw County: Booksweet will cover one author’s visit fee this school year (up to $300) when you order 100 books or more. If you are a Title 1 school and book orders to accompany school author visits are not in your budget, we can recommend amazing authors who have sliding scales for school visits and do not have order minimums.
- We have a generous 20% bulk order discount for orders of 20+ books.
- Books can be purchased in bulk through PTOs or other funds.
- We can also work with you to take orders from families directly via our website using a custom promo-code, delivering the orders to the school on visit day. The 20% discount would be applied in this instance. We’d work with you on promotional text to include in your outreach to families.
At Booksweet, we’re excited to work together with the educators in our community to make sure author visits are accessible and part of how the youth in our community connect, make meaning of their world, and find joy.
Let’s make this happen together! Get in touch with Shaun to get the ball rolling: firstname.lastname@example.org