Booksweet is YOUR community bookshop — and there’s no better place for local readers and writers to connect and explore big ideas together. If you are a Washtenaw County-based author, expert, or community group representative, we want to hear from you!
Local Author Events
Booksweet hosts regular local author’s nights, bringing together 3-5 authors whose work enjoys similar themes for 60-90 minute reading events. These events are free, held in-person at the shop, and seat 18-25 people. At this time, all Booksweet event participants must be vaccinated against COVID-19 (cards are checked at the door). Masks are required.
If you are interested in participating in a local author night — reading work that is new, in-progress, or published — please let us know by filling out this form.
Local Author Section
Booksweet is proud of our Local Author section — and excited to connect readers with your book! Due to the large number of authors in our county, we can only welcome Washtenaw County-based authors to this section. If that’s you, here’s how to get a conversation rolling:
- Bring 1-2 copies of your book to the shop. We will work with you on a 50% commission basis.
- You are also welcome to email Booksweet co-owner Shaun Manning at firstname.lastname@example.org to open a conversation.
- We love it when local authors share their enthusiasm on social media. Feel free to tag us! We’re @shopbooksweet on Twitter and Facebook.
Currently, our Local Author section focuses on books for teens and adults. (A Local Author children’s book section is in the works. More on that soon!)
Local Expert Events
Are you an expert or an enthusiast who is super eager to share your knowledge with the world? Booksweet is interested in hosting participatory events led by experts in our community. Why? We live in a knowledge-rich community of incredibly generous humans who are eager to share what they know. Plus, your expertise can unlock a world of great related reading for individuals. We’ll work with you to curate a “related reading” list that speaks to your subject matter expertise. At this time, all Booksweet event participants must be vaccinated against COVID-19 (cards are checked at the door). Masks are required.
If you are interested in co-creating an event with Booksweet, please email co-owner Truly Render at email@example.com.
At Booksweet, we are committed to serving local non-profit and community groups. Some examples of ways we can lend a hand:
- Library Love Days. Looking for a fundraising partner to support your school library? We’re here for it.
- Scouting fun. Does your troop need to talk to some local business owners? A community spot to lead an activity or stage a community collection site? We’re here for it.
- Student readings. Creative writing groups, clubs, and classes need space to share, connect, and get feedback. We’re here for it.
- Student art exhibitions. Our windows are your windows. We’re here for it.
- Student concerts in our courtyard. Outdoor space to spread out and enjoy the music when the weather is nice. We’re here for it.
- Wishlists. Need a quick and easy way to share your book needs with your community? We’re here for it.
- Off-site book sales. Having an event and need a bookseller? We’re here for it.
- After-Hours Venue Rentals. Looking for a cute, affordable space for in-person morning or evening meetings (surrounded by amazing catering options)? We’re here for it.
- Something else? Let us know how we can help!
If you’d like to chat further about a community group need, please email Booksweet co-owner Truly Render at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community connection is what it’s all about, readers. We’re excited to hear from you.