Working as a bookseller is full of delights, including access to advance reader copies. The list below is reflective of the winter / spring 2022 books that Team Booksweet is really excited about – and that we think you might like too.
Plan Yourself a Happy Dance Moment: Pre-Order
Pre-orders are a really nice way to plant little seeds of joy in your life. Plan that happy dance now. Your future self will thank you for it.
How to pre-order: chat with us in the shop or pre-order online. When shopping online, just “add to cart” like you normally would and it will create a pre-order in our system. This ensures that on the release date, you’ll have a copy waiting for you in the shop with your name on it. A member of Team Booksweet will call or email you to let you know it’s arrived. You’ll do a happy dance. Win win.
Need a pre-order shipped? You’re in luck!
If you need your books shipped, you’re in luck. We’re offering FREE SHIPPING through 1/31/22 when you use the promocode COZY at checkout. If a book that hits shelves in April is interesting to you, pre-order it now to get that free shipping goodness.
Okay, and now… the books!
MONIQUE’S TOP PICKS //
- Violeta by Isabel Allende (January)
- You Don’t Know Us Negroes and Other Essays by Zora Neale Hurston (January)
- The Diamond Eye by Kate Quinn (March)
- In Defense of Witches: The Legacy of the Witch Hunts and Why Women are Still on Trial by Mona Chollet (March)
- Live Wire: Long Winded Short Stories by Kelly Ripa (April)
SHAUN’S TOP PICKS //
- The Complete Guide to Absolutely Everything (Abridged): Adventures in Math and Science by Adam Rutherford and Hannah Fry (January)
- Cold by Mariko Tamaki (February)
- The Family Chao by Lan Samantha Chang (February)
- How to Take Over the World: Practical Schemes and Scientific Solutions for the Aspiring Supervillain by Ryan North (March)
- Nasty, Brutish, and Short: Adventures in Philosophy with Kids by Scott Hershovitz (May)
TRULY’S TOP PICKS //
- The School for Good Mothers (January)
- The Abolitionists Handbook by Patrisse Cullors (January)
- On the Line: A Story of Class, Solidarity, and Two Women’s Epic Fight to Build A Union (March)
- Fine: A Comic About Gender by Rhea Ewing (April)
RAYMOND’S TOP PICKS //
- All My Friends by Hope Larson – Book #3 in the “Eagle Rock” Graphic Novel series (January)
- Bitter by Akwaeke Emezi (February)
- Apple Crush by Lucy Knisley – Book #2 in the “Peapod Farm” Graphic Novel series (May)
ZOE’S TOP PICKS //
Happy pre-ordering, readers!